Field Notes Steno PadField Notes
Sometimes you need a bigger notebook, one that’ll lie flat on your desk, ready for to-do lists and phone messages. Sometimes you need The Steno.
The Steno is 6" by 9" with a black “Double-O Wiring” spiral at the top so it lies flat, open or closed. Inside you’ll find 80 pages of 70# “Bright White” paper Gregg-Ruled with a fine, soy-based application of “Double Knee Duck Canvas” light brown ink. The covers are 60 pt. “Super Duty Chipboard,” with a screen-printed 1-color application of “Dictation Smudge” black ink.
- 01. Proudly printed by the good people of Schneider Graphics, Inc., Bensenville, Ill.
- 02.Covers: Newark Paperboard Mills 60 pt. "Super Duty Chipboard," with a thick, brute force, 1-color application of "Dictation Smudge" black ink.
- 03.Innards: Finch Paper Opaque Smooth 70# text "Bright White," with a fine, soy-based, 1-color application of "Double Knee Duck Canvas" light brown ink.
- 04.Covers printed on an Advance Process Supply Cameo 34" × 50" flat bed screen press.
- 05.Innards printed on a 20" × 29" Heidelberg Speedmaster 74 with perfector.
- 06.Line dimension: 3/16" (4.7mm × 4.7mm).
- 07.Bound with bombproof black metal Renz "Double-O" Ring Wire, with appreciation to U.S. Patent #2142816, filed in 1935 by W. Walter Grumbacher.
- 08.Bottom corners precisely rounded to ⅜" (9.5mm) with a Challenge two-head round corner machine.
- 09.Steno book dimensions are 6" × 9" (15cm × 23cm).
- 10.Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials
- 11.All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.