Field Notes - 15 month calendarField Notes
Note: This 2018 calendar starts with November 2017 and runs through January 2019.
Our beefy, chipboard-backed, tear-off 15-Month Work Station Calendar measures 6" × 9" and will fit perfectly next to the bookshelf, or in the garage hanging above the air compressor, or in an office cubicle, or by that screen door at the summer place that makes such a racket when it slams shut in the breeze. The back of the calendar includes a large, sort-of-comprehensive, list of “Real Big Days” during the year.
- 01. Calendar backboard printed by the good people of Schneider Graphics, Inc. of Lake Zurich, Ill. on an Advance Process Supply Cameo 34" × 50" flatbed screen printer.
- 02 .Backboard: A beefy “industrial grade 60pt chipboard” utilizing a vicious 2-color brute-force application of “Dachshund Nose” black and “Red Cent” red Atlas ink on the front, and a 1-color brute-force application of “Dachshund Nose” black Atlas ink on the back.
- 03. Corners were precisely rounded to ½" (12.7mm) on a Challenge round cornering machine.
- 04. Calendar Pages: Also printed by Schneider Graphics, Inc. of Lake Zurich, Ill. on a 20" × 29" Heidelberg Speedmaster 74 with perfector offset printer. Printed on the finest grade of Domtar Husky 60# Opaque Offset paper, with a 2-color application of “Dachshund Nose” black and “Red Cent” red ISC America ink
- 05. Pages collated on a Model TD1/AE 24 C.P. Bourg Inc. Standard-Bourg 24-packet collator, and trimmed to the dimensions of 5⅜" × 3⅞" (13.7cm × 9.8cm).
- 06. Pages stapled using GAE standard wire on a Stanley Bostitch stitcher and glued to the backboard with a Thermo Grip 208 hot melt glue applicator.
- 07. The ⅛" hole was drilled with a Model EH-3A Challenge paper drill.
- 08. The assembled calendar was individually wrapped with an Eastey 18" shrink wrapper.
- 09. Calendar dimensions are 6" × 9" (15.2cm × 22.8cm).
- 10. Field Notes uses only the Futura typeface family (Paul Renner, 1927) in its materials.
- 11. All Field Notes memo books are printed and manufactured in the U.S.A.